With winter well and truly out of the way, now is the perfect time to spring clean your home and get everything ready for summer. It’s time for the clutter, boxes, and dust you’ve accumulated over the last few months to disappear, having your home feeling fresh and dust-free for the months ahead.
Spring cleaning is like hitting the reset-button as it’s the perfect time to not only give your home a thorough clean, but to organize your closet, donate unwanted and unused items to charity, invest in new spring decor, and generally give your home the refresh it needs.
We know that it can be a pretty big job, so we’ve put together a spring cleaning checklist to help you work through all the tasks and prepare your home for the arrival of summer.
The Spring Cleaning Checklist
While regular “surface” cleans are great for keeping your home relatively clean, dirt, grime and nasty bacteria still manages to build up in those sneaky places. Don’t forget to tackle these basics to make your home look and feel as good as new.
- Clean inside your kitchen cupboards and then wipe down your cabinets
- Sharpen knives and clean out your cutlery drawers
- Deep clean appliances such as the fridge, freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave, and coffee machine, and clean or replace your range hood filter
- Clean out your fridge and pantry, removing old and out-of-date food, and disinfect the shelves
- Wash the tiles, walls, and baseboards
- Deep clean the floor and windows
- Unclog the kitchen drain
- Tidy up your cupboards and invest in organizers for your files if needed.
- Disinfect your computer, including the keyboard, mouse, and surface desk area.
- Brighten up the are by washing the winter grime off your windows.
- Organize your closet and donate unwanted clothes
- Get your duvet deep cleaned
- Flip and clean your mattress
- Organize bedside drawers and any other storage
- Dust photo frames and your lampshade
- Clean rugs, blankets and cushions, and deep-clean carpet or floor
- Clean your shower curtain or window glass
- Disinfect the toilet, shower/bath, sink
- Deep clean and disinfect floor
- Wash bathroom mat
- Organize cosmetics and cupboard items
- Clean shower head and tend to any small leaks or grouting
- Deep clean upholstered furniture
- Get rugs and carpets deep cleaned
- Clean decor and photo frames/mirrors
- Disinfect remote controls and dust down electronics
Add Stocking Up To Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring is also a great time to stock up on things like washing detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, non-perishable pantry items, and other things that you use on a regular basis so you’re fully stocked up for the coming summer holidays.